Pre-tax profits more than double for specialist environmental manager
Impax Group plc ("Impax" or "the Company"), the AIM quoted investment manager which focuses exclusively on the environmental and related energy markets sector, has announced its preliminary results for the year ended 30 September 2008.
• Significant increase in pre-tax profits to £3,857,448 (2007: £1,820,654).
• Expansion in funds under management and advisory ("AUM") to £1,098 million.
• Successful retention of clients notwithstanding weak equity markets. AUM was £898 million on 28 November 2008.
• Maiden final proposed dividend of 0.35 pence per share (for approval by shareholders at forthcoming AGM).
Commenting on the results, Keith Falconer, Chairman of Impax said:
"Impax has made strong progress this year in building its core business. I am also very pleased to announce that we are now in a position to recommend our first dividend. Notwithstanding weak equity markets, the environmental sector continues to offer investors excellent opportunities for out-performance over the medium to long term."
Other highlights include:
• The continued success of Impax's flagship "pure play" investment trust, Impax Environmental Markets plc, which although not immune to falling stock markets, once again out-performed the markets during the year.
• The excellent progress made by Impax New Energy Investors LP, a fund investing in renewable energy projects and related assets. With €125 million of capital at its disposal, it has made eleven investments and committed almost €100 million.
• Winning the tender to manage £35 million for the Environment Agency Pension Fund.
• Strong investor interest in Impax's recently established "all cap" quoted equities strategy which has led to Impax managing or advising six pooled vehicles in this area as well as a segregated account for Russell Investments Japan.
• Impax's partnership with FTSE to build and promote a series of environmental indices providing a credible benchmark for the institutional investor community.
About Impax Group plc:
Impax Group plc ("Impax"), which is quoted on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange, was founded in 1994 as a specialist finance house focusing on the markets for cleaner or more efficient delivery of basic services of energy, water and waste.
Impax's dedicated team of professionals, with many years of experience in the financial and environmental sectors, is ideally placed to understand and take advantage of the investment opportunities arising from the fast growing environmental markets. Impax Asset Management (the trading entity of Impax Group) manages assets for institutional and private investors, across a range of listed and private equity funds.
For further information please visit: www.impax.co.uk
+44 (0)20 7483 7205
+44 (0)20 7483 7202